Don't see your question here? Send us an email and we'll be happy to help.
Q: Which hazardous materials does Estes not transport?
A: Estes does not haul the following hazardous materials:
- Uninterrupted Power Supply (UPS) or batteries connected in series in a steel cabinet
- Infectious Substances 6.2, including etiological agents with UN numbers UN2900, UN2814, UN3374 or UN3291
- Explosives (Divisions 1.1, 1.2 or 1.3 in any quantity)
- Explosives (Division 1.5 in quantities requiring placarding)
- Any quantity of a poison inhalation hazard that's a Hazard Zone A
- A bulk container (over 119 gallons) of a poison inhalation hazard that’s a Hazard Zone B
- Packagings over 3,500 gallons (in a single package) of a poison inhalation hazard that is a Hazard Zone C or D
- Packagings over 3,500 gallons of refrigerated liquid methane, LP gas or other liquefied gas with a methane content of at least 85%
- Radioactive materials
- Hazardous waste
For questions about hazardous materials, please call our Safety Department at (804) 353-1900, Ext. 2241.
Q: Does Estes comply with HM-232?
A: Yes. HM-232 is a set of Department of Transportation regulations that requires all carriers to have a security plan in place and train all of their employees on hazardous materials security. This is to ensure that hazardous materials are transported in a safe manner and don’t become tools in terrorist plots.
For more information on federal hazmat laws and regulations, contact the Office of Hazardous Materials Safety, Research and Special Programs Administration at (202) 366-8553 or visit http://hazmat.dot.gov.